The Berkeley All Blues are searching for a coach to lead our 7s squad this summer! Please see details below and send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com if interested.
Founded in 1978, the Berkeley All Blues is one of the elite women’s rugby teams in America. The Club has won a combined total of 16 National Championships in both 15’s and 7’s, including the recent 2013 Club 7s National Championship and 2012 Women’s Premier League National Championship. The All Blues Rugby 7’s program consists of approximately 20-30 women, dedicated to the club and the sport of rugby. The All Blues welcome athletes of all levels that range from novice to elite. Athletes from the All Blues are consistently chosen to compete on the Women’s National Team and Select Sides, and we currently have quite a few alumnae of our program in residence at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista. The goal for our 7’s season is to compete at the highest level of rugby 7’s, with the aim to secure a third National 7’s Championship title. In addition we strive to foster the development of collegiate and senior club athletes.
- Development of overall team and sub-unit strategies
- Align practice training plans with long-term goals for the season
- Providing effective feedback to individuals and the team
- Develop and execute athlete development and improvement plans for individual players
- Attending all league matches and Nationals (August 13-14; Location TBD)
- Coordinating match selections with team captains
- Work with the club’s executive board to execute long term club goals
- To undertake any other necessary and relevant duties under the direction of the club’s executive board
- Previous rugby 7’s competition and coaching experience is required; a strong understanding of the game of rugby and the game of 7’s specifically is required
- A USA Rugby Level 200 coaching certification or higher is required
- Specific experience coaching women is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with athletes and the executive board. Also with other coaches and club personnel, and be able to present a highly professional image when representing the Berkeley All Blues WRFC.
- Must be able to establish positive working relationships with all club members
- Must be able to balance the commitment to excellence on the field with a sense of fun and enjoyment that is conveyed to others.
- Must be able to organize him/her-self and others effectively.
- Must be an effective team member with sufficient flexibility and willingness to take on roles outside his/her normal functional responsibility when required.
- Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience
- Match travel related expenses will be paid by the club.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org