The Berkeley All Blues Women's Rugby Club is committed to excellence in rugby as part of a larger pledge to develop and promote both women's rugby and youth rugby, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender expression, in the Bay Area and greater United States.
WHO WE ARE
Women. Of every shape, size, color, and age. We are teachers, doctors, engineers, artists, and community organizers. Diverse in almost every possible way, there is one thing that bonds us together: our love and dedication to the sport of rugby.
Rugby is the third-fastest growing sport in the United States, with women making up the fastest growing segment, including over 400 college teams. Reflecting this growth, rugby was recently added to the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Currently, the All Blues compete in the Women’s Premier League (WPL), comprised of the top ten teams in the United States. Founded in 2009, the WPL is designed to increase the number of high-level competitive matches by women’s club teams. Through their outstanding performance at this level, rugby players are sought out for the national team.
With outstanding coaching, competitive matches, and a focus on player development, the All Blues have a unique ability to cultivate premier women rugby players.
The Berkeley All Blues Women's Rugby Club is a competitive, member-run USA Rugby/Women's Premier League team. The Berkeley All Blues provides fellowship, coaching and peer mentoring to attain the highest levels of personal and team play. The Berkeley All Blues supports female athletes and promotes women's rugby at all levels across the Bay Area.
- Founded in 1978
- 60 active club members
- 16 National Championships, including the 2012 National Rugby 15s Champions and 2013 7s Champions
- Founding member of the Women's Premier League - 2009
- 47 National Team Players
- 3 Olympic Rugby Players
- Theo Bennett, Head Coach (WPL Fall 2017)
- Evan Hoese, Asst. Head Coach (WPL Fall 2017, D2 Spring 2017)
- Katie Chou, Head Coach (D2 Spring 2017)
- Allie Byrne, Alyssa Baccarella, and Katie Chou (Fall 2017)
- Kedra Davis and Tess Thorman (Spring 2017)
- President: Bridget DeSantis
- DII Coordinator: Allie Byrne
- 7s Coordinator: Evan Hoese
- WPL Coordinator: Dot Mittow
- Secretary: Lexie Thomas
- Treasurer: Tess Thorman
- Social Chair: Sarah Clay
- Travel Coordinator: Monika Rozkowska
- Equipment Manager: Nicole DeRose
- Fields Coordinator: Sam Miller
- Fundraising Chairs: Sonia Globerson-Lamb, Kyra Trowbridge, and Kedra Davis
- Recruitment Chair: Kyra Trowbridge
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Maggie Simpson
- Community Outreach Director: Lisa Dombroski
- Media Director: Maja Wichrowska (Team: Madison Taylor, Vic Abrenica)
- Rookie Coordinator: Cathy Cai
- Alumnae Coordinator: Julie "JQ" Kieu